Did you know that Glaucoma is the most common cause of irreversible blindness? Glaucoma is a group of related eye disorders, resulting in progressive damage to the optic nerve of the eye.
There is no cure – the facts
- 1 in 200 people over 40 have Glaucoma
- By age 80 this figure rises to 1 in 8
- If you have family members with Glaucoma, the risk of you developing it increases tenfold
Know when to have your eyes tested
The earlier the diagnosis, the less damage will be done and the more vision will be saved.
- Before 40: every 2 to 4 years
- Between 40 to 60: every 1 to 2 years
- After 60: every year
- If your family has a history of Glaucoma we recommend your eyes are tested yearly