We asked the Optometrists at VISION, why they would suggest contact lenses and why they won’t.
Contact lenses are great for:
– If you have a high prescription. Spectacles with high prescriptions can be heavy, thick and even
uncomfortable. Depending on the prescription, spectacle lenses either mini- or magnify your eyes and can
cause peripheral visual distortion.
– As an alternative to spectacles and to provide convenience whilst playing sport, holidaying, going out to
– With certain corneal problems e.g keratoconus contact lenses provide better vision than spectacles.
– Can be very affordable
Contact lenses are not too good when:
– You have chronic dry eye, allergies and/or blepharitis (eyelid infection)
– You have a history of infections with contact lenses
– When you are unable to provide proper lens care and follow the wearing regimen
– Working in a dusty environment
– Current wearers or previous contact lens wearers showing signs of contact lens related physiological