Rudy Project has been the eyewear of choice for top athletes across many sporting disciplines since soon after this Italian company was established in 1985. The company soon developed a reputation for typical Italian quality combined with cutting edge science & technology.
The result has been something extraordinary.
Today Rudy Project is represented in more than 50 countries and is the official eyewear for numerous major international events including the Australian Open Tennis Grand Slam and The Tour de France Cycling event – in fact more than 50% of the cyclist in last year’s event used Rudy Project.
Rudy Project sponsors almost 10,000 international athletes across the world and in South Africa the list is also endless with players and teams such as:
• The Nashua Dolphins Cricket Team
• The Nashua Titans Cricket Team
• SA Cricket Squad players Albie & Morne Morkel, Lance Klusener, Andre Nel, Dale Steyn, Hashim Amla, Paul Harris
• Numerous of SA’s top ranked tennis players
• Several of the best cycling teams – Konica Minolta, Team Barloworld (which performed exceptionally well in their first Tour de France last year with two stage wins)
• Comrades legends including Bruce Fordyce, Vladimir Kotov, Nick Bester, etc.
• Multiple Dusi champions Martin Dreyer and Abby Miedema
In addition to its general range of classy and quality eyewear, Rudy project has developed customisable, high-tech sport-specific solutions aimed at enhancing the performance of top athletes in sporting disciplines ranging from golf to fishing.
Rudy Project optics is exceptional with ImpactX lens solutions that offer state of the art polarized and photochromic options. Rudy Project has to be the world leader in terms of providing sport specific RX (prescription) solutions to its client including inserts, flip-ups, direct in frame prescriptions, etc. This year the company will be lifting the bar again by offering a unique direct in frame solution that will be launched in April/May 2008 – WATCH THIS SPACE!!
For more information on Rudy Project visit the web-site at www.rudyproject.co.za.